BCUK leather beverage flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Here's a unique, one off waxed leather flask with the BCUK logo tooled on it.

The leather is 3.5mm veg tanned and is waterproofed and hardened with hot dipping in beeswax. It is stitched together with a double row of heavy linen thread and the stopper is hand cut to fit snugly from seasoned ash.

bcukbottle.jpg

I am asking £45 for this one.

Thanks for looking,

Eric

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
It would have been even quicker if I hadn't been dithering about what SWMBO would have said when I told her that I had bought it. I was watching the Makers forum after you said in your previous post that you would be putting this up.

Still, I don't have to face the consequences now. :)

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
And when I got home and said what I HADN'T bought, I knew I had made the right decision: "What's that? Forty-five pounds?". Some of us appreciate craftsmanship, and some don't.

Geoff :(

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I know what you mean Geoff. Believe it or not but my missus cannot understand why I paid a whole £40 for the BR Cegga axe.

...'But it's a very limited edition, immaculately handmade, expertly handforged, specially designed masterpiece'.

:confused:

Thing is were not exactly flush at the moment but I know once she actually see's it inside she will be ':eek: WOW' and eventually understand that I was right but won't admit it ;).

Some of us appreciate craftsmanship, and some don't - tell me about it :D

EDIT - BTW nice flask Eric :LMAO:

And when I got home and said what I HADN'T bought, I knew I had made the right decision: "What's that? Forty-five pounds?". Some of us appreciate craftsmanship, and some don't.

Geoff :(

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Yup, I get that all the time. Especially at fairs that are more exhibitions than specifically for selling craft items. Some people expect hand made stuff to be dirt cheap - because it wasn't made by a machine, so I can't have the same overheads, so it must be cheaper.
"You want forty quid for that? IKEA do one similar for twelve quid"
"Right then, shove off to IKEA you tightwad!"
Then again I sometimes get people who can't get their wallets out fast enough when they see my stuff, especially if I'm demonstrating making it at the time. I've had ladies swoon when they've seen my pole sticking up. Pole lathe that is. They get all excited, and I think, "I bet you've just read Lady Chaterly's Lover" Hmmm. Being a crafty little beggar has it's moments.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE