BCUK Canadian Canoe Expedition appetiser ....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody

Forager
Hi all!
I have just returned from guiding a client on a three week canoe trip over in the Tobeatic Wilderness Area and KejimKujik National park, Nova Scotia and thought I would post a few images from it to whet the appetites of those down for next years trip (hopefully it will run) as some of the proposed expedition was covered on this trip.

We covered 288km of paddling and portage (Back and forth!) with some cut for the first time!! starting off in Weymouth (Just off the map in the NW corner) we headed for the "Flowage" (SE) and then down sporting lake stream to Sporting Lake, (Labeled) from here we portaged across to the head of the Shelbourne river (A Canadian heritage river(Highlighted)) followed this for its entire length to Lake Rossignol, crossed Lake Rossignol to the Mersey river and then Paddled, poled and portaged up this into the Kejimkujik National park and then crossed Lake Keji to our pick up at Jakes landing(NE of Keji), following the route of the "Tent dwellers".
An awesome trip, seeing Bears, Beaver, Otters and many more along the way. .... and not another human for the first 18 days ...bliss!

I hope you enjoy the images

Woody

photoxqsk.jpg

The location (Shelbourne river highlighted)

novascotia.jpg

The Goodwin ...where it all starts and finishes.
(The remainder are pretty much in sequence. I will add some text when I get a little more time)

novascotia1.jpg

novascotia3.jpg

novascotia4.jpg

novascotia5.jpg

novascotia6.jpg

novascotia7.jpg

novascotia8.jpg

novascotia9.jpg

novascotia10.jpg

novascotia11.jpg

novascotia12.jpg

novascotia13.jpg

novascotia14.jpg

novascotia15.jpg

novascotia16.jpg

novascotia18.jpg

novascotia19.jpg

novascotia20.jpg

novascotia21.jpg

novascotia22.jpg

novascotia23.jpg

novascotia24.jpg

novascotia25.jpg

novascotia26.jpg

novascotia27.jpg

novascotia28.jpg

novascotia29.jpg

novascotia30.jpg

novascotia31.jpg

novascotia33.jpg

novascotia34.jpg

novascotia35.jpg

novascotia36.jpg

novascotia37.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE