Bartering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:eek: really got the wrong end of the stick on another thread,....my only excuse is I was sewing a b***h of a ghillie shirt, :banghead: listening to some truly awful chanting cd from a *friend* who's into neo nepalese spirtualism :eek: dealing with a son writing a new cv and job application :tapedshut and trying to have a quiet five minutes with a cup of coffee. Sorry people. :11doh:

However, the barters I offered still hold :)

I've got.....
1] Reels of linen thread, excellent quality, several thicknesses available. Ideal for sewing canvas, leather , linen, etc.,

2] Six metres of three layer green goretex, 150cms wide, in two lengths of 3m

3] Silk, flax and hemp fibres

4] Fomes fomentarius and Betulina piptoporus

5] Madder roots for dyeing wood, leather, fabric

6] Lots of little glass bottles, 2ml, 10ml, 25ml, 50ml.....no corks

7] A pair of beautiful green leather, size 4, Doc Marten's....never worn :(

8] Bluebell bulbs, from my own garden so it's okay to lift them if anyone wants to try the glue.....might be a kind of hybrid with a cultivated....you never know until they flower, but the bulbs work the same way.

I'd like;

A] Woad and weld seedlings, fresh, (capable of growing) madder roots.

B] Glass powders for enamelling

C] Corks or stoppers for some of the bottles

D] Real turpentine, not the fake stuff

E] Seam sealant tape suitable for 3 layer goretex fabric

F] Scirpus lacustris, soft rush; I only need lengths about three feet long, I'm making an in period hat.

Any offers? Ought this to go into member classifieds? I'm not selling anything though :confused:

Cheers,
Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think I'll move this to other chatter.

I hope that it works out for you Toddy and you get some of what you want.

I have to say that it would be excellent if people did barter more, put up lists of what they have got and what they want etc.... Good for you :You_Rock_

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tony said:
I think I'll move this to other chatter.

I hope that it works out for you Toddy and you get some of what you want.

I have to say that it would be excellent if people did barter more, put up lists of what they have got and what they want etc.... Good for you :You_Rock_

Thanks Tony, I did wonder where it would be best put. :D
It seems reasonable that with the variety of people and interests on this list that perhaps someone will have just what I'm looking for and that something on my list is wanted elsewhere.

Cheers,
Toddy

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
Maybe put up a barter posting area :) sub of classifieds? called the trade blanket :) I'll see what I can put up del after the Christ Mass
Carcajou Garou :yo:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE