barn owl in flight photographs one of the reasons i am here...enjoy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Absolutely stunning, I heard one screech yesterday evening - a real blood curdler.
Hope you'll be posting more nature pics in the future.

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
thanks i also have red kites,woodpeckers,robins and more!
being that i am more a photographer than a birder i am still learning.
i always listen when people give me tips a figuring it will help me locate the birds.
sudenly i realised i was using my skills learnt in the army shape,shadow and shine etc.to get close and thats how i ended up here.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
great pics...thanks for sharing!!

i regularly watch a barn owl hunting in the paddock at the back of my house. what interests me is the methodical way they seem to segment up the field and fly back and forth (think RADAR scan pattern if that makes any sense?!), listening before flaring and plummeting down to the ground. Was withing about 10 metres a few weeks back...totally silent...totally stunning!!

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
It reminds me of watching a Springer work a field, they kind of section it up, work the area then move onto the next section, like quartering

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE