Bargain LCD monitors...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Just got one of these:

BenQ 17" LCD with DVI input

for £152 with the DVI cable. Went into the store , but it is simply an over the counter affair like Argos, so no point doing that. Great display, especially through the DVI (you can have the regular VGA lead (supplied) as well if you wish). Would recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap decent TFT monitor upgrade. DVD's play fine and my online game I play is so much more vivid and detailed. The only limitation now is my graphic card. A bargain!!

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Kane, I play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, or mostly it's derivative-TCE-True Combat Elite. It's a modern day Special Ops Vs Terrorists. Aiming is with proper sights not crosshairs etc. Very good and 100% free see here for info and downloads:

http://www.truecombat.com/intro.php?x=d

Beachlover, yes cheaper is available, but normally with slower refresh rates or without the DVI socket for better digital picture (graphic card permitting) which I wanted. DVI's generally don't come cheaper at the mo'!!

Edit:
Just checked that link, and that's a nice fast refresh rate of 8ms, but no DVI. Great monitor if DVI doesn't matter a hoot to you.

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
Sorry to break the news chaps, but Aria.co.uk (no affiliation) general stock the cheapest LCD/TFT monitors. I've bought 5 monitors from them over the last 2 years and they've all been excellent!!!

Par example - 19" Digimate L-1925 TFT with DVI - £170 inc VAT.

Aria.co.uk

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Ah! But mine has DVI....and his has ickle speakers, and DVI... er...

I was going to get one of those meself, but as I'm splashing out on a gineormous TV next year that doubles as a monitor, I thought I'd go the budget route on the monny for now. !7" is enough for me now. It's not the size etc etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE