Barbour alternative

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
Hi All,
I'm looking to replace my 18 year old Beaufort jacket for everyday use while my old jacket becomes my bushcraft wear.
I don't mind the corduroy collar but I want a zip that goes all the way to the top (far more practical IMO) and ideally a Napoleon chest pocket preferably on the outside. I've seen photos of such a beast bur I've been unable to identify the make and model. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Hi All,
I'm looking to replace my 18 year old Beaufort jacket for everyday use while my old jacket becomes my bushcraft wear.
I don't mind the corduroy collar but I want a zip that goes all the way to the top (far more practical IMO) and ideally a Napoleon chest pocket preferably on the outside. I've seen photos of such a beast bur I've been unable to identify the make and model. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance.
sausage fingers posting before I finished typing

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
I bought a deerhunter pro gamekeeper jacket for exactly this reason to replace the same jacket back
I bought a deerhunter pro gamekeeper jacket for exactly this reason to replace the same jacket. Bought just before Christmas and it's been absolutely superb very comfortable. The only slight issue I have is I feel its a bit too long to look smart around town in the current weather we're having. If they did the same jacket slightly shorter and without the scooped tail I'd buy it now (any suggestions gratefully received). If the length doesn't worry you I'd highly recommend one

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
I bought a deerhunter pro gamekeeper jacket for exactly this reason to replace the same jacket. Bought just before Christmas and it's been absolutely superb very comfortable. The only slight issue I have is I feel its a bit too long to look smart around town in the current weather we're having. If they did the same jacket slightly shorter and without the scooped tail I'd buy it now (any suggestions gratefully received). If the length doesn't worry you I'd highly recommend one
Cheers Sparky, Googled it and found this on the Deerhunter website https://www.deerhunter.eu/en/collection/product/pro-gamekeeper-jacket---short-5724

Reactions: SK601

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
Hi All,
This is probably the one - barbour longshoreman smock
Quite hard to find thesedays

Reactions: marcoruhland

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Have a look on Vinted if yo are considering a Barbour. Barbour jackets can often be had cheaply. I bought one recently in immaculate condition for £20 and it just needed to be re-waxed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE