Bag for Kelly Kettle ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Hi,
anyone found a bag that's better than the original cloth one ? Something thats harder wearing and contains the burnt wood smell would be great :)

OutdoorsJames

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2017
Somerset
Depending on the size, I use a small cheap drybag. Keeps it all nicely contained, and keeps the wood dry too. For my 0.5l Storm/MKettle I use a 2 litre dry bag and it works very well. You should be able to get a decent one from the DD group buy.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Thanks James. I'm just trying to work out the size for my small KK and some kindling. I wish they gave dimensions instead of litres !

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I have a 1.9 litre Gilly kettle and it fits in a rocket pack from my burgen rucksack. Gilly and Kelly are much the same size?

OutdoorsJames

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2017
Somerset
Assuming you have the 0.6l Kk I would go for a 8l drybag, should be a good fit with some room for a bit of kindling, lighter etc.
The 10 l would be fine as well but just slightly baggy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
It is a .6l kettle so I'll find a 10l bag and add newspaper to fit :) May even get a smaller one for the wood stove. The jeans thing is a good idea but won't seal smells and I hate my pack stinking of it.

Off out now with the Trangia !

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
If there's any left in the trangia I burn it off before packing. Never noticed a metha smell in the daypack and I carry the fuel in it too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE