Back into mountain biking on a budget

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Bit of an update, went out for first run, turns out my fitness isn't as bad as I thought, done a 30mile round trip on a cycle way, got a rear puncture and changed the tube, pedal kept coming loose, turned out the monkey who owned it before me over tightened it and wrecked the thread, replaced the cranks and the bottom bracket as the crank arm was somehow slightly twisted and the bottom bracket was a bit clicky,
Took it to my local cycle park, a place called Fowlmead country park, aka Betteshanger , used to be part of a coal mining collary,
Did the intermediate route, had a 15minute rest then did the advanced route, well, part of it anyway, got just over halfway round and halfway up a steep incline the legs ran out of power, had to walk it up the rest, by the time I got to the top I was breathing out my back side, was shattered, also found my rear wheel hub is shot and rear wheel is buckled too, looking to get a decent set of white wheels as a replacement ( Bike has now got a black and white colour scheme).
Thoroughly enjoyed it and now got the bug, will be going back at least once a week and my challenge is to conquer the advance route completely by middle of June.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE