Austrian Army Dachstein Mountain Pullover

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Got two of these, so one may as well go.

These are really well made sweaters, suited for bushcraft. Dachstein boiled wool.
[The non-surplus civilian dachstein alpine sweaters cost in the region of £300]
http://www.bradleyalpinist.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=480

They are becoming more difficult to get hold of. Dachstein is an area in Austria, where they are made.

In excellent condition. Unworn by me. Mine is identical to the one in these photos:

http://www.wynnchester.co.uk/campgear/dachstein-wool-pullover/

Sizing is 42-44" chest, 35-36" waist. Mine Looks unissued. Open to offers.

Im looking for another good wool top. Something like a swanndri, bison bushshirt, woolpower, filson, woolpower, woolrich coat, type.
Not bothered about colour, red and black check, etc would be fine.

Im an XL, circa 44" chest, 36" waist.

Thanks.

photo-2-1024x768.jpg

Austrian army vintage wool pullover; an incredible 1.2 Kg of Dachstein boiled/felted wool with directional ribbed knit that keeps it close fitting, incredibly insulating and wicks moisture away fast. Boiled wool importantly has improved properties over normal woven wool, it’s pre-shrunk, more flexible, more water resistant, more windproof, more durable: in fact it can hold up to 30% of its weight in water before it even feels wet! And what is more… it’s not itchy! You can wear this next to the skin even and it’s still quite comfortable.

Reinforced shoulder and elbow patched: no stitched seams as the wool is knitted in tube shapes and big solid button syou can still use with sub-zero fingers! There’s a high thick wool collar which can be worn up or folded down – keeps the heavily vascularised neck area insulated – perfect worn over a ‘norgie’ norwegian top or other base layer: Must be the warmest, most rugged pullover ever made, and beats synthetic fibres hands down!

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This is now available again!!!

Someone has backed out of the trade, as he misread my Ad and thought this was a 44-46" chest. :rolleyes:

Damn. Tempt you with a Tantonka Tarp 1 or anything else?

Richard, you still up for trading your Tarp?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I read it correctly. it's my size, and I want it. But I've nothing of equivalent value to offer :(

Freebie? ;)

Always worth a try. You dont know until you ask.

Let me think about it..........:thinkerg:...........Thought about it.

No.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thankyou Harvestman. They are beautys alright. :) I just want something thats not olive green for a change!

Im looking for another good wool top. Something like a swanndri, bison bushshirt, woolpower, filson, woolpower, woolrich coat, type.
Not bothered about colour, red and black check, etc would be fine.

I would have swapped for Dougsters Tarp, but I made him wait, and he bought a new one. Drat! Snooze, you lose.

So if youve got a good tarp, it would probably come in for canoeing.

Or what else you got?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE