Australian Waterproof Hootchie/Flysheet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JayKay

Hi there,

Thanks for reading my post.

I have a question:

I want to buy the Australian Waterproof Hootchie/Flysheet at raymears.com.
There are two versions:

1. Australian camouflage colours
2. Forest Green

I know what number 1. looks like (picture on the website). But I was wondering is number 2. in camo colours or is the sheet just plain green?

Maybe a second question: should I buy the Hootchie at Ray's, or is there a better address/product?

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Jeroen Keultjes

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi JayKay,

Simple enough to answer questions there...

With regards to the Australian Waterproof Hootchie in forrest green, it's simply an olive drab shade of green with no pattern. It's not the DPM pattern you may see on British Bashas.

As for where to purchase, there are a number of places they are available if you're after a genuine one, as you mentioned, Ray Mears is one, it's also worth considering companies like Bearclaw Bushcraft or someone else here may be able to help you with finding a local supplier.

I hope this helps

Joe

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well, as far as I can tell... the australian one has a few more tie in points and is australian... the british one has a few less tie in points and has (well mine does) webbing along 2 of the edges and can be used as an emergency stretcher.

Other than that they're both good at keeping the water off you.

You may also consider a good poncho as this can provide shelter and be worn... just a thought.

Joe

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm sure it'll do you well... I have a basha and I think it's great, utterly bomb proof. While you're getting one, it's a good idea to get the cordage. Both Gary and Ray sell them for about £10 and it gives you pre cut lengths of cord, ideal for pitching.

Enjoy

Joe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE