Aussie all-in-one

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
I saw an advert in Bushcraft and Survival for something called The Aussie... (something or other). I'm not at home right now and can't look in the mag for myself, but there was no price and I've been trawling the net trying to find it, without success. It was a bivy, sleeping mat and sleeping bag, all in one. Does anyone have any idea what I'm referring to?

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
That's it, Shewie, The Aussie Swag!

Maybe I just presumed it had a sleeping bag too. It doesn't mention one on the one you've linked to.

Anyway, thanks very much. I can start pricing them now that I know what I'm looking for.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
They`re not exactly small and lightweight though Jud, more aimed at vehicle or horseback camping. Might be worth thinking about before you shell out that kind of money fella.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
They`re not exactly small and lightweight though Jud, more aimed at vehicle or horseback camping. Might be worth thinking about before you shell out that kind of money fella.

Indeed! Well, that was a short lived idea. They weigh just under three and half ton!

Bimble

Forager
Jul 2, 2008
Stafford, England
I use my swag a lot. Its totally hassle free to use and always useful from a car. In fact I used it at bushmoot this year.

They are super comfortable and take about 10seconds to set up, even when really tired (or ******). I use mine when I go fishing mostly. Once the light has gone (or returning from a local hostelry ), I just go back to the car, pull out the swag, unroll it, take off my boots and climb under the duvet.....ZZZzzzzzz!.

You can’t hike with it, but then that’s not what its intended for. It’s a lot more comfortable than a sleeping bag and thermarest (much bigger). For a fixed camp the canvas is excellent as it allows you to get close to a fire and have something nice to park your backside.

Mine was from these guys http://www.wruffit.co.uk/

You have to shrink the canvas, and then I used nikwax cotton proof on it. It now is 100% water tight and much more breathable than Goretex. The swag is also bombproof and no doubt will outlast me. To clean it all I do is shove it in the washing machine. I've slept in mine over 100+ times in the last 3 years, so cost me less than a quid a night so far.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE