Article: Ventile

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Well you and I have been agreeing on Ventile for a looong time John. I'm sure bin liners (aka MVP) suit those with a penchant for sitting very still and not moving. But for a person who actually wants to do things in rough terrain and who doesn't employ flying monkeys, nothing beats Ventile!

Meh, I've been putting a roof on all day in the ******* rain whilst wearing a Gore Tex jacket (in railway Hi Viz orange just to really offend all those subdued colour obsessives) and its pretty hard work, lifting big timbers about and the plans that I have in my pocket are still dry. My top half has been dry all day long I have also been wearing a Lowe Alpine mountain cap and that's been great as well.

The jacket will be nice and dry for tomorrow and ready for another day on the roof.

So, I'm not trying to say Ventile is no good, hell I've never tried it. But you are welcome to do my work is you reckon I'm just sitting very still all day.

Now if I'm wanting to go walking up hills in the same weather I'll wear it with less layers underneath it. Or even wear a lighter fabric one (less scaffold bolts to snag on) and pit zips for cooling air when I want it.
Its not even close to rocket science and I'm not sure how some people struggle with the concept.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE