Article: Growers Cup: Coffeebrewer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Good idea but a lot of wasteful packaging. I prefer my Aeropress which costs about 10x as much as one of these (including coffee) but lasts a lot longer

For really lightweight coffee, the Starbucks Via is actually pretty good

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It wasn't the weight that concerned me - it was the wastage. I take your point about burning it but I find it odd that coffee lovers can't just live a day or so without great coffee! Still think it's expensive per cup but I might try it anyway!

Oct 4, 2013
Dudley
I stocked up on these from Go Outdoors not so long ago as they were around £1.80 I think. Pretty good quality coffee and easy to pack too.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I just picked up a packet from blacks in London. Priced at 2-50 but only charged £2.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
For <£4 in Tesco you can buy a bag of Hot Java Lava and a tea strainer...job done and producing a lot more cups of coffee:rolleyes:

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I tried this the other week, the Eitheopian verity, it was very nice indeed! A good review as usual Mr Fenna!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
We used to sell these and the coffee is pretty darn good from them. Enough for two decent sized cups. Used them more as a treat than an everyday occurrence when out. But as others have said a good way to start the day - and bowels if that's your game!

As cheap as a café coffee and light to carry, so for a single day trip great as you don't have to carry the extra paraphernalia that other coffee methods entail. Though for multi-day excursions it ends up being cheaper and lighter with some of the other methods.

Nice as a wee morale booster when out on a driech day, especially with a tot of whiskey or rum added!:p and some dark sugar.

And as the others have said the carry out weight is negligible if you have a decent fire going.

Nice wee review and has put me in mind to go and have a cuppa right now.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE