Article: Gilles 6 Piece Carving Set.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Sounds like a really nice deal for £70, that's just £7 per tool to carve the piece you show - very good value in my book. Thanks for the review :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Steel value for the money is as good as it gets.
What do you think of the handles shapes in the hand and the risk of rolling around on the bench? Stable?

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Steel value for the money is as good as it gets.
What do you think of the handles shapes in the hand and the risk of rolling around on the bench? Stable?

The handles fit fairly well in my chubby paws. Didn't cause any hot spots.

The round palm handles could potentially roll off a bench but because the tool blades are fairly chunky I found them stable enough. The small Vee tool could roll but I'm fairly paranoid about damaging the edges. I used the set again today and once again I think they offer excellent value for money.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bummer. 2 sets, both sold. Hope there's more to come. Thanks for the careful review, makes carving sense.
I know that Narex (CZ) has made carving tools but very hard to find. I have a couple pairs of their skews, wonderful steel..

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
That's a great find! Many professional woodworkers use these in their workshop and the maker is well known in Lithuania. Actually it's a family thing and they are doing a great job for the price! The steel is excellent and tools come razor sharp. Have a set of these myself.

Not to mention that they make all sorts of draw knives and other tools too

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE