Article: Endicott's Army Surplus : Austrian Army Ripstop Combat Trousers (TAR-S)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I bought a couple of pairs after reading your review John and IMHO they are fantastic outdoor pants. Tough and versatile. If I was to find only one fault (and it's not a fault really) they have no back pockets but they do have two map pockets on the legs, so what I kept in my back pocket simply lives in the map pocket. I opted for supergrade and Endys only had one in my size so offered me a pair with a small repair. I accepted and they knocked the price down. However when the pants arrived I was hard pressed to find the repair. Eventually a tiny bit of stitching (about 2.5mm) was found on the inner thigh. So in conclusion the TARS pants are awesome , and the service from Endicotts was amazing. It was my 1st endys purchase and I'll definitely be going there again.

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Just ordered two pairs - Endicotts are snowed under at the moment so there's a bit of a delay - reckon your review is working wonders for their popularity John!

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Just bought 2 pair of these from Military Mart. The sizes are out a wee bit. I'm usually a 32-34" so ordered a 34" and they are a tad tight. Leg is about 1" too short too. The quality is excellent, though. Just what I was looking for. Can't be beat for less than a tenner a pair. Service at MM leaves a little to be desired compared to Endi's by all accounts. No affiliation to either etc., etc.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Hi Madmax - you are right, they are great trousers. I virtually live in mine. If they had a couple of back pockets I reckon they would be just about the perfect bushcraft trousers.

I'm not sure whether Endi's have any left though. I was half-heartedly looking recently and I couldn't' find them. As John says though, give them a ring - they are always super-friendly and helpful.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I've recently bought a pair of these, nice comfy keks.
I actually prefer button flys but the zip seems decent quality so I'll xopeand the lack of a back pocket is a little bit of an issue cos thats where my pocket knife generally lives.
I've put the pocket clip back on and my Manly Wasp is in my front right instead but I detest pocket clips on pen knives with a vengeance (could be worse as its not the keys for the IT department on a bleedin dog chain) so I'm on the lookout for some strides in the same good quality but ideally with some back pockets.

Reactions: Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE