Article: ALT-BERG: SNEEKER ORIGINAL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Again no love for the bigger of feet, seriously boot makers people with size 14 feet exist and would really like the option to order them.

But other than that they look like some damned fine boot's.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Prity much John, but it's a genuine gripe most people can go any place and pick up a pair of shoes, boot's or wellies at a reasonable price. People with big feet can't for example a pair of £20 wellies for any one upto about a size 11 is common place middle of the road quality etc, for the same quality (or less in some cases) I am looking at around the £60 price tag.
Boot's I can find them easyer but I get gouged on the price.
Format footware.... prity much forget about finding a pair that look half way decent for under £100.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Prity much John, but it's a genuine gripe most people can go any place and pick up a pair of shoes, boot's or wellies at a reasonable price. People with big feet can't for example a pair of £20 wellies for any one upto about a size 11 is common place middle of the road quality etc, for the same quality (or less in some cases) I am looking at around the £60 price tag.
Boot's I can find them easyer but I get gouged on the price.
Format footware.... prity much forget about finding a pair that look half way decent for under £100.

Nearly all of the mainstay of Alt-Berg's range is produced in a 14; but (and here's the rub) Alt-Berg do not hold stock of boots they rely on their retailers to do that and there are 2 issues with that in the main:

1. As Alt-Berg are concentrating on the military contract, retail boot production has been put onto the back burner. It's still happening but not as quickly.
2. Retailers will only stock what they can sell. If they didn't sell any 14s in the previous 12 months why would they waste stocking a £150 pair of boots on the shelf when they could get and sell a size 10 immediately.

That therefore leaves you with having to order the boots and wait for them to be made. Much of the process is done by hand in batches according to the style and number ordered so can take some time. Factory lead times are currently 6-8 weeks.

So in short, yes; finding a 14 is a pain in the bum but on the bright side they are normal sizes and not a bespoke order.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
John,

I can't understand why the Sneeker isn't fully water resistant, instead plumping for a part Cordura nylon tongue (I think I understood that right). I would love a pair of high leg Altbergs that are waterproof but without an inner Goretex liner which always makes my feet sweaty and hot. I use the term waterproof in the old-fashioned sense meaning well dubbed and looked after leather. The Sneeker would seem to be that boot if it weren't for the Cordura. Your opinion, sir.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE