Article: -29 Celsius group 5 day Winter outing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
Great for you guys to brave those temps. After 54 years of Canadian winter I prefer to avoid the cold. Vehicles need extra attention, materials like plastic become brittle and crack with rough handling etc. Ok,..... I'm just a weiner now. ;) But I do actually still get out in that stuff but there's no way that I'd sleep out there. An ice fishing tent during the day is as close as the wife and I get now. I appreciated the comment about having a large axe. Serious extended cold time requires serious extended wood supplies. I have noramly been able to get away with using a small axe for smaller fires, or just drag trees into a star fire and push them in as they burn. I have never done what you fellows have, like all night outside in winter. My hat is off for all of you. I hope that there was plenty of hot tea for you all. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE