Arrows

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I'm after a few authentic looking arrows for my longbow.

Does anyone make arrows on here or have any suitable available.

I'm in no rush. I wanted to give my bow an outing at Bushmoot this year and what I have to shoot is disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
There are any number of companies who will make up arrows, but note that they can be expensive, and more so as the level of hand work required increases. Usually that is directly proportional to how 'authentic' you want the arrows to be. You also need to have a very good idea of what type of arrow you want, the required length, the spine, the pile weight and type, fletching colour/cut/type, nock type etc etc.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I can teach you to make your own at the moot if you bring the materials. What are you wanting to shoot arrows for competition? Medieval style?

You could I'm sure Wayne but Bushmoot is about the only time I ever find to sit around crafting things.

Sad really but one of the reasons I love coming.

🙄

Would happily sit in on a workshop!!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
There are any number of companies who will make up arrows, but note that they can be expensive, and more so as the level of hand work required increases. Usually that is directly proportional to how 'authentic' you want the arrows to be. You also need to have a very good idea of what type of arrow you want, the required length, the spine, the pile weight and type, fletching colour/cut/type, nock type etc etc.

I'm sure. I'm not after museum quality I'm really just after something that is satisfying to shoot and that is in keeping with the spirit of an English Longbow.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I use http://www.thelongbowshop.com/ for my arrow making supplies but like most places they tend to sell shafts/arrows in the dozen only.

I made up a dozen last weekend and the materials alone was about £50. 36 fletch, 12 field points, 12 nocks, 12 shafts, glue, oil finish etc etc so you can understand why they charge a lot to make them up for you.

I was just about to recommend bow-plus but it seems they have closed for business :( shame nice people.

If you want to buy the materials I would be happy to knock up a couple for you but I imagine the postage would be a killer.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I just want to thank Wayne and Marmite for supplying the materials and skills to teach me to make arrows at the Moot.

Wasn't nearly as horrific as I thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE