Are you a Swiss Army Knife owner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you own (or have you owned) a SAK?

• Total voters

TaTanka

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 28, 2010
Texas
I"ve had mine in my pocket daily for 14 years now I believe it has been. I don't remember what type it is but it's like the Spartan except it doesn't have the toothpick and tweezers.

Aug 11, 2010
Faroe Islands
have about 10 or more of them at the moment, I use them for fishing, and sometimes EDC. But I prefer a Opinel because of the carbon steel and locking ring.

Timbo

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2010
I carry a SAK Soldier (Original not new model) every day, one very handy knife and its UK legal carry.

bayleaf

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2008
gloucestershire
I have carried a SAK since I was about ten or so.I still have the Butler (i think it was called) but usually now carry a Manager.What a superb,but tiny knife that has proven to be over the last 12 or so years.Barely a day goes by when I don't use it.It has become second nature to reach into my pocket for it.Fantastic.

W

Wander

I have a Spartan and it has proved useful I love it. How often should I sharpen it ?

soulstar1963

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2010
stoke on trent
i bought my first a few days ago ......from what little ive managed to find out about the model it may be an early spartan ? i dont know..........it has a large and small blade a bottle opener with a small screwdriver.....a can opener with a larger screwdriver .....a corkscrew ( 4 turns and grooved ) and an awl without a hole in it....from what i have been able to find out on the net it may have been made mid 80s ...but then again i could be way out.....on the large blade it has officier suisse on one side and victorinox on the other .....oh and NO tweezers, if anyone can help me identify the model id be grateful

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
As some of you know I collect Saks
Most recent purchase being a new Alox Farmer in New York
I paid over the odds but hey its got a story and I love it

budgetbus

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2010
Nuneaton
I was for a long time, but few ten years not, until last night, whilst doing my asda shop at 3AM (i dont sleep much) i saw they had cheapo SAK looking thinks in the diy section....for £2.50, so i thought what the hell lets splash out.
When i got in, i inspected the item...you know what ? its very good, the tools are the standard things, it has one main blade that only took a few minutes to get a very sharp edge on...its definitely worth keeping in my glove box.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Saks fly my roflcopter. They are so bad, which is why I (and everyone else) uses a leatherman

Well if they would just make a leatherperson (being PC here) with the awl and the saw from an SAK and a tin opener that actually did, I might agree. Leatherman for pliers, but then a pair of pliers for pliers, I do think the SAK saw takes some beating.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Out of interest, any else use a leather man PST? Wifey gave me mine around 2003, i don't think it's left my belt since, might need a new pouch soon, best i learn leather stuff.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
After losing my second Swiss Army knife last year, i gave up on them. Obviously i'm not blaming Victorinox for my clumsiness, but i am a true believer that some things are too good for some people, and its quite clear a Swiss Army knife is something i am destined to always lose. So now i have a day-glo orange Mora.....after losing my forest green coloured Mora in?? yes you guest it.....
Perhaps in fact, i shouldn't be allowed to own anything nice ;o)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE