Are there any tree surgeons on here based near to Plymouth?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello everyone.

My name's #########, I'm 21 and currently living just outside of Plymouth and I'm looking for experience in the aboriculture industry

I have some experience of tree surgery through volunteering with the National Trust, a fair grasp on woodland management and very good knowledge on British trees and their properties.

I'm looking for any experience I can get with a local tree surgeon on Fridays/weekends.

I will be getting my CS30 and Emergency first aid at work soon, but would be happy to start off helping in any way I can before I get the tickets through.

If anyone has (or knows of) anything available, I would really appreciate discussing it further with you.

Thanks,

Chris.

Last edited:

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Hello mate; do you not have your CS31? I've not known them taken separately before. You'd do well to get it mate to be honest; you could gain work as a groundie based on that. If you can afford it, try for your CS38 & 39 for a better chance at getting work. I'm down in Cornwall and know that it's hard full stop to get employment in tree work on just 30 & 31. Have you thought working away in forestry? Xmas is coming and Scotland loses a lot of trees commercially!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Too far away to help I'm afraid but I wish you all the very best in your search, it's a great career and I wouldn't want to do anything else :)

Cheers!

Hello mate; do you not have your CS31? I've not known them taken separately before. You'd do well to get it mate to be honest; you could gain work as a groundie based on that. If you can afford it, try for your CS38 & 39 for a better chance at getting work. I'm down in Cornwall and know that it's hard full stop to get employment in tree work on just 30 & 31. Have you thought working away in forestry? Xmas is coming and Scotland loses a lot of trees commercially!

I don't have either yet, but I'll be getting the CS30 soon, and hopefully followed by 31, but that one will take a little longer. Yes you can do the two separately.

I'm not really looking for anyone to hire me as an apprentice sort of role right now, I'm just looking for some experience in the industry (at least until next year anyway), so wasn't expecting anyone to be hiring me for a full time position!

I hadn't thought it that actually, and it's a good idea, but unfortunately I'm tied to the south west until next year.

Thanks for the advice though! I'm looking at getting the 38 &39, but will be taking a while to get all of the tickets I need at £400 or so a pop.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE