Apologies re SAK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 18, 2011
Scotland
I went on a bit of a rampage a few days ago about how i thought that a SAK huntsman was the biggest piece of crap going.

I probably thought this because i struggled to get the blades open. I kept looking at it thinking what could i use this function for and came up with very little. After carrying it for three days it has a million uses. Every problem i had tool related the huntsman seemed to have the tool to do the job brilliantly.

The knives from the factory are unbelievably sharp, it's a scary experience opening and closing them.

I victorinox made a leatherman style tool, ie foldy pliers it would be even better, the tools are all better than leatherman ime.

Apologies for hating it to start with, it's now permently on a lanyard from a carabiner in my pocket for now and ever.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I find carrying a SAK and a cheap pair of pliers or even a mole-type grip, lets me deal with most jobs way better than carrying my leatherman. It usually seems I want to be holding the object with the pliers, in order to be able to use one of the other tools on it. Of course, your milage may vary.

Dave

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
This is a good combination too...

BahcoSwisstool.jpg

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
what was it you didn't like about it mate? just the tight tools?

I think they are great even if the steel is a little soft.. the saws are ferocious though!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
OMFG

I wan't one, any idea on price? Do the blades lock?

They are superb tools. I'll be whacking up a brand new one on the Classifieds in the next couple of days for low price. Much better made than Leatherman and WITH locking blades and tools. Good review here...

[video=youtube;aMAKznXul5M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMAKznXul5M[/video]

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Haha! Gona get a belt pouch for any of them?

I hear the alox farmer? Has a thicker blade.. How true is this guys?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE