Anyone know these knifes?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
Hey guys n gals,

Having completely screwed up my current knife (amatuer sharpening) I'm in the market for a new knife. I intend to keep my old one to practise sharpening and for nasty jobs.

I really like the knives often shown on here in the classifieds which include a firesteel. To that end; have any of you had any prior experience with these knives:

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/the-wilderness-survival-combo-496-p.asp

I believe the brand is called 'Finish Wilderness Survival' though I'm not entirely sure. If they are not very good can anyone recommend me another knife in a similar price range. £50 -£80. (Having the firesteel is not an essential)

Cheers

Nath

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Are you only looking for 'shop bought'? How about handling your own from a bought in blade blank and some scales? It's what I've done and I love mine. Really happy with it. Only used bog standard tools, a bit of thought and a lot of effort.

NLW

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
If you do like the idea of handling your own blade, I wholeheartedly recommend the Enzo blades from Brisa.fi. Fast shipping and really exceptionally good knives, I bought one of the nordic kits, it was about £60 including shipping and worth every penny. Some of the kits include a sheath too (I think all the Nordic kits do, but may be wrong - it should say on the page if it does), but some do not - I do believe they sell sheaths for all the Enzo blades though. I can't wait til I get my next one! No association for the record, just a very happy customer.

If you want a complete knife, you can also get complete Enzo knives from Brisa, I think they start around the £70-£80 mark.

What happened to your knife, out of curiosity? Wouldn't discourage you from getting a new one (you can never have too many sharps n shinies :D ) but you may be able to return your old one to its former glory with a bit of work.

Pete

Native Justice

Forager
Apr 8, 2008
Littleton, CO USA
It looks to be a Wood Jewel made knife. Have one and its a winner. Excellent steel and edge grind. Built for hard use but very nimble in the hand.

"Wood Jewel knives are made in the small town of Kolari, Finland. Kolari is located in the far north of Finland, north of the artic circle, and well into Finnish Lappland. The knives reflect the Sami styles and tradtions. They are designed by Kauko Raatiniemi, and the handles are assembled from multiple pieces of reindeer antler and curly birch. The selection of wood grain seems unusually nice. The sheaths are also in the Sami tradition, done in the deep pouch style that hangs from a twisted thong. Except as noted, the blades are .8% high carbon steel, hardened to about 59 on the Rockwell scale."

http://www.ragweedforge.com/WoodJewelCatalog.html

Good luck with your purchase.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE