Anyone have OD string to barter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello :)

I have a beautiful new knife and sheath :cool: a present from a very skilled friend :D and another friend patiently wove me four part braided lanyard from paracord. The ends were left loosely finished until I decided just how long I wanted the baldric to be, and now I have spiced them together.
Despite my splicing being neat and secure, the paracord ends look kind of fluffy. The splice will lie just over my shoulder and I don't want the hard edges of melted paracord rubbing.
I've decided to whip the parts where the splicing ends. However I don't have any fine matching cordage for whipping.
I'll happily pay postage and offer linen thread in exchange. I think I ought not need any more than a couple metres at the very most.

Anyone?

cheers,
Toddy

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
what sort of thickness are you thinking of?

i've got about 2 metres of this that's about 2mm dia. and surplus to requirements..
string.jpg

only other thing i've got is some No 60 polyester thread in olive green :dunno:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Toddy,

If that doesn't work out I have some green stuff thats really fine nylon string. Its about the thickness of whipping twine but more forest green than OD. If you want some I have a long reel of it so give me a shout

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE