Anyone got an outwell lakeside down bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MandaPanda

Jul 24, 2011
Sussex
Did you buy this?
If so how is it?
I have been trawling this section of the forums looking for an alternative to a mummy bag. I tried the Nanok Osprey and just couldn't get on with it as I prefer to sleep in a kind of recovery position.
This looks promising (within my budget, down and not too heavy)
Or has anyone got any recommendations for something similar?

Apr 27, 2010
somerset uk
Did you buy this?
If so how is it?
I have been trawling this section of the forums looking for an alternative to a mummy bag. I tried the Nanok Osprey and just couldn't get on with it as I prefer to sleep in a kind of recovery position.
This looks promising (within my budget, down and not too heavy)
Or has anyone got any recommendations for something similar?

after trying various mummy-bags of late i have ended up with the lake-view, got it for under sixty delivered, can check where if your interested.
anyway strait to it; brilliant, plenty of room across the shoulders and i am so pleased to be back with a square/ envelope base, don,t know yet if this could be cold for the feet in the winter, will have to weight and see.
inside is black (always helpful) polly/ nylon which allows for easer movement for the restless sleepers, so that's good for me, and as i move about so much i think its good that it has a 55/45 fill rather than the duvet theory. not sure about the hood over the face when i wake up though ;)
packs down so small, i'm used to a 3000g army arctic bag. the compression sack does not have the webbing across the base, its just sewn in, but in saying that the compression sack is of a good gsm fabric unlike a lot of others & i think it will last.
the bag seems so thin and light (not used to down) i cant believe how warm its been so far, but looks like were having first autumn cold front come down next week, so fingers crossed, & just make sure it stays dry.

regards tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE