Anyone got a Clikstand to swap?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrstorey

Forager
I'd like to give a new lease of life to my trusty meths burner, so I'm keen to get my paws on a Clikstand. (And a Subbuteo set. And an Action Man with the moving eyes. Etc.)*

Is there anyone out there has one that they'd like to sell or swap for something else. I've got plenty of swappable stuff crammed into my camping cupboard, so drop me a PM and we'll go from there.

Thanks for checking out my post.

Michael.

* I might be lying about the last two.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yup I can confirm this as I have just ordered one from them and for extra info for anyone considering a purchase they are £24.95 - not connected to seller blahdi blah :)

mrstorey

Forager
Cheers for that. It's the old gripe though. A quid is just shy of two dollars, yet a Clikstand in the States costs $29.95 (£15, or thereabouts) but £24.95 here.

This is no reflection on Bushgear, who is trying to earn a crust, as well as going to the hassle of importing them, but I'm sure the UK must just have a big sign hanging up somewhere saying "Rip-off Britain". Grr. Rant. Etc.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Cheers for that. It's the old gripe though. A quid is just shy of two dollars, yet a Clikstand in the States costs $29.95 (£15, or thereabouts) but £24.95 here.

This is no reflection on Bushgear, who is trying to earn a crust, as well as going to the hassle of importing them, but I'm sure the UK must just have a big sign hanging up somewhere saying "Rip-off Britain". Grr. Rant. Etc.

Having imported some kit from the US and Canada recently though it's suprising what the P&P comes to, not to mention import duty. I'm not sure if the duty would be applicable in this case since Bushgear intend selling them mind. Then as you point out Bushgear would want to make something out of it... many high street stores would markup by over 100% before adding VAT, though admittedly they'll have more overheads than an online retailer.
Fact we have to live with I'm afraid :)

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I do a lot of ordering from the States, mainly Cabelas.

As a rough guide as to what it will cost me to get it here I look at the Dollar price and that is roughly what you pay in pounds to have it in your hand in the UK.

Anyway I seem to recall that this is the price Outdoorcode was selling them for, so it cant be that far out.

But, if you feel you can get it cheaper by ordering direct from the US, then why not do that. I think you will have a shock when you land up with the various taxes and admin charges for collecting the taxes are added. If you do order one from the US perhaps you could publish the total cost in order to give members a guide price.

I generally only ever order products from abroad I cannot obtain in the UK, because it does not workout that much cheapper, and you normally have to wait longer. :)

mrstorey

Forager
Oh, I know. I bought a water filter from the States, and between the customs duty and the Post Office's £16.50 'handling fee' for telling me I had customs duty to pay, (now THERE'S money for old rope!) it ended up doubling the price.

I know it's a fact of life, and I'm not having a pop at guys like Bushgear or Outdoorcode, who've taken the initiative and imported something from abroad that there's a demand for here in the UK. I'm just saying we seem to pay top dollar here in the UK, no matter what it is. It was even cheaper to buy some British-made goods in France recently than at home, which shows how screwed prices here are.

Ignore me, I'm just grizzling. Long day, I think :)

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Oh, I know. I bought a water filter from the States, and between the customs duty and the Post Office's £16.50 'handling fee' for telling me I had customs duty to pay, (now THERE'S money for old rope!) it ended up doubling the price.

I know it's a fact of life, and I'm not having a pop at guys like Bushgear or Outdoorcode, who've taken the initiative and imported something from abroad that there's a demand for here in the UK. I'm just saying we seem to pay top dollar here in the UK, no matter what it is. It was even cheaper to buy some British-made goods in France recently than at home, which shows how screwed prices here are.

Ignore me, I'm just grizzling. Long day, I think :)

Grizzling, no...Bang on, yes!! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE