Any meetups in Kent...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

paul.e

Oct 25, 2005
hythe kent
i had a good time as well,nice to meet a few new faces and swap some ideas and knowledge. sorry i had to shoot of a tad early, familys and all that.lets hope we can do it again sometime!
cheers all
paul.

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
good day I think we all had a good walk and a chance to meet some like minded people in our Great County next time lets have a sit down round a fire and a good cook up. You are a great group of people with a good range of skills :You_Rock_

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
As i was getting ready last night I was asked what I was doing as I had the outlaw coming for lunch, I went into reverse gear and out everything back and sulked all day.
Glad you all had a good time, it was a real bummer sitting here stoking the fire, I will have to find a place in it for the outlaw!!! ;)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Glad you chaps ejoyed yourselves. I had a heavy night at a burns supper last night, Made it to my bed at 3am no way would i make the car park at 9:30. I was there in spirit (mostly imbibed last night). Next Time for sure.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
An excellent day. Really great to see a wood through other people's eyes. Now fired up to investigate simple spirit stoves and look at what could be carved out of a bit of 3 coloured mulberry.
Thanks for the tea, the bread, the laughs, the chats, seeing your kits...... and much more.

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
Thanks to everyone that made it (and see you next time to those that didn't). I had a really enjoyable time, being particularly impressed with the fire by friction demo.

Unless anyone else has a buring desire to organise the next one I'll get in contact with the Pinetum and start thinking about the setting something up.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
rich59 said:
An excellent day. Really great to see a wood through other people's eyes. Now fired up to investigate simple spirit stoves and look at what could be carved out of a bit of 3 coloured mulberry.
Thanks for the tea, the bread, the laughs, the chats, seeing your kits...... and much more.

I have a couple of spares from the lidl sell off a while ago.....

Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
Sorry I didn't make it on Sunday as intended, but my car was playing up and over heating on saturday. The rad fan doesn't appear to be working for a start. Didn't want to risk it as the engine has only just been rebuilt.

I was really looking forward to it too.

Oh well, roll on the next one and I'll hope to see you all there!

Geoff

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
It was a good day out

Another one to apologise for having to leave early but work beckoned
I hope the pup wasn't too annoying and didn't spoil it for anyone

Special thanks to Bloodline for the demo and makings :You_Rock_

Looking forward to the next time

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
Chopper said:
Did any one take any pictures, if so comeon and get them up for those that could not make it. :)

I only took a few naff snaps on my phone. I was particularly dissapointed that the sunlight managed to obliterate all trace of smoke in the fire by friction photos.

Attachments

• IMAGE_020.jpg
    IMAGE_020.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAGE_021.jpg
    IMAGE_021.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAGE_022.jpg
    IMAGE_022.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAGE_023.jpg
    IMAGE_023.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 20

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Bardster said:
Best bit for me was lighting birch bark with a single spark from a distance of 3 feet :)

Now if you want to talk about the best bit...... well, although I do a lot of friction fire there is a fair bit of satisfaction from taking up someone else's bow drill set while being watched, (even needing help to get the drill into it!) and getting a coal first time when others had not succeeded.

Hope that isn't to immodest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE