Any interest in a Speed Hook passaround?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FoxyRick

Forager
Feb 11, 2007
Rossendale, England
Seems to be no interest, so WITHDRAWN for now.

I've got some speed hooks hanging around (website link) and wondered if anyone wants to have a look at one or even try one out? I've not had chance to try them out yet but they would seem to be a useful addition to a 'survival' kit from what I've read.

It's not entirely clear how legal it is to actually use these things, but from what I can gather they would be legal if hung from a line on a fishing rod, but not if used in any other way. That's in inland water anyway. I don't think they are strong enough for sea fishing but I might be wrong; I've never sea fished. It's up to anyone using one though to comply with whatever laws/rules are in force where they fish. IANAL!

I don't really mind how many people want to get in on this and although it would be nice if it came back eventually, I won't get upset if it doesn't. I've never done a passaround before, or participated in one, so if I get anything wrong here, please let me know.

A few rules and notes:

1. Postage will be a 2nd class Large Letter stamp, payable by whoever has it to get it to the next person.

2. I'll start it off in a padded envelope, with some stiff card to prevent it being bent or hooking a postman. It should last a while if opened carefully, but if not I will expect whoever has it to donate a new one. Don't forget the stiff card!

3. Post here when you receive it, what you think of it and when you post it on.

4. Try to move it on after a week, certainly no more than two weeks.

5. PM the next person in the list to get their address when ready to move it on.

6. If you use it, try not to lose it (use a strong tether line), and replace the line or hook if they are damaged.

7. No using it other than in water; do not use it as a snare or similar on land.

8. Don't get yourself in trouble with it! That includes being chased by water bailiffs or hooking your eyeball while trying it out in the living room!

9. If it does get lost or damaged, that's life, just let us all know.

If you want in, please quote the name list and add yours at the bottom:

etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE