another 'payforward'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I've been meaning to do this for some time but only yesterday found the time to make them up!

I wanted to do something for all you lovely peeps out there and to do my bit for the goodwill I have received. Rather than dig out kit I no longer want I made 6 of these.......

What are they you may ask!? - well in esence they are charcloth in a convenient transportable holder.

To use you push up the burnt end out of the 'tube' and then light with a spark (I have tested them with fero rod and good ol flint and steel and they work a treat!) then you just blow gently to create a larger ember then use this to transfer to your tinder.
To extinguish you just gently pull the glowing tip back into the tube and then cover the end (I use my finger but it can be a tad warm so I suggest you use a leaf, bit of bark etc) the delicate charred end is then protected till the next time you need to use it.

So....... first 6 to pm me their address gets one in the mail :)

mrstorey

Forager
Sorry, just read this post in passing and was inspired to chip in with a comment.

I've noticed a few books being swapped around the site recently, as well as various bits and bobs like this being given away to members of the community.

I just wanted to say that everyone involved with Bushcraft UK must be incredibly proud of what they've created. There's so much goodwill on this site - honestly, I've said it before, but if I'm ever feeling a bit fed up with selfish people (my daily Zone 1 Tube commute can make this a pretty frequent occurence, alas), I just log on to Bushcraft UK to restore my faith in humanity. Which, yet again, it has.

Hooray!

Michael.

PS
Graham, they look fab - what a good idea. Just out of interest, if it's not a copyrighted design, how did you make 'em? I can't tell from the picture... :)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
g4ghb said:
packed and posted! - should be with you in a day or so! :rolleyes:
Received this morning.
Like all the best things - simple and effective :D What a shame I usually only achieve the first! :rolleyes:
Many thanks for doing this.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Thanks Graham!

Received mine today and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Rep given.

Cheers,

Huon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE