Another New Striker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firemaker

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 26, 2005
Minnesota, USA
stores.ebay.com
I've done something a little different with my Dragons of late!! I guess I got a little board with them staying the same all the time, so I twist them up now.

The old
bodkins2317.jpg

The new
Strider082.jpg

Darrel

firemaker said:
I've done something a little different with my Dragons of late!! I guess I got a little board with them staying the same all the time, so I twist them up now.

Beautiful :You_Rock_

Are these available to purchase?

I went round the Battle Of Hastings re-enactment earlier today in hope of finding one for sale. I did find a maker and seller who had just sold the last one as we were leaving this evening :(

Phil

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Yep he does sell them and they are even better in real life than in the pics. Here is a link to his site and here is a poor pic of my striker.

2006_1006Image0002.jpg

I've ordered from Firemaker 4 of the twisted dragon striker kits as Christmas pressies, one for my dad, one for my other half, one for my 6 year old son and ONE FOR ME :D

I can't wait to get my hands on them :)

Is there somebody on BCUK that would be interested in making some for of bags for them to go in please??

Cheers,

Phil.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
I've ordered from Firemaker 4 of the twisted dragon striker kits as Christmas pressies, one for my dad, one for my other half, one for my 6 year old son and ONE FOR ME :D

I can't wait to get my hands on them :)

Is there somebody on BCUK that would be interested in making some for of bags for them to go in please??

Cheers,

Phil.
I've got a belt pouch made by Singtek that mine fits in. Give him a PM, his work is top notch and quite reasonably priced too.

firemaker said:
4 Dragons were born in fire on Holloween. Now they are flying to a new home, were they can breath fire and warm the lives of others......OK OK :You_Rock_ Phil

Darrel

Wooooohoooo - I can't wait to have a look at them.

I will have to be a good boy and once inspected put them away until Christmas ;)

Darrel thanks for letting me now they are ready and thanks also for breathing some mysticism into the dragons by making them on Halloween - hope that they are not haunted :lmao:

Thanks Darrel :You_Rock_

Phil.

firemaker said:
4 Dragons were born in fire on Holloween. Now they are flying to a new home, were they can breath fire and warm the lives of others......OK OK :You_Rock_ Phil

Darrel

Darrel,

Your beautiful Dragons have arrived safe and sound in their new homes. They will be locked away in the dark until Christmas day.

You are a true Craftsman and I am in awe of your work - they are all truly stunning. thank you so very much for the way you have made them a personal item for us all.

They will be well looked after and and we will feed them with spark and flame.

Thank you so very much ;)

:You_Rock_

Best regards,

Phil.

Reactions: firemaker

MattV

Dec 17, 2004
Saint Charles, IL, USA
I just received my Twisted Dragon striker and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.

A true work of art.

I had expected the asking price was for just the striker, and was glad to pay it, but VERY pleasantly surprised when an entire fire steel kit showed up at the door.

Thanks a ton.

:You_Rock_

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I had an order in with Darrel and when I saw this thread immediately asked him to make me a twisty dragon striker. What a grand idea that was. Not only does it look fine, but works a treat too. The "extras" of a tin, char, flints, and jute just make it a nice complete package. Thanks Darrel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE