Another necker with Osage Orange handle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
I have another necker for sale. It's full tang 3mm 01 tool steel 6 1/2" long,blade is 3" long. I have made the handle out of some nice, bright yellow, Osage Orange. The wood is very hard and polished very smooth, with a very nicely rounded, comfortable shape, treated with Danish Oil. Brass pins and lanyard tube.

It comes with it's own, tightly fitting, nicely shaped, neck sheath which is made of hand sewn 3mm veg tan leather, stained dark brown.

DSCN0132-1.jpg

DSCN0165.jpg

DSCN0166.jpg

Price £60.00 including P&P

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Well, Jon, because my health has not been so good lately, something has to take the place of the boatbuilding! I am looking at all options including selling my body (won't go far there) and winning the lottery ( more likely to be hit by a meteorite...) Working on wet and windy, and grimy boatyards has lost its appeal.. So knifemaking and sign carving may be the way to go!! At least I can stay in the warm and dry when I do it:D

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i had to read this thread, i had hardly a scooby doo about what it was about. lovely wee knife though, very cute.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
http://www.gpnc.org/osage.htm

This one is the last I have of these little blades. The link above tell you a lot more about the tree, that come from the US, named about the Osage Native People. The wood is very hard, dense, and takes a very good polish. The colour can be from bright yellow to dark orange, a wood I really like to work. You can also make very good bows with it.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE