Another Hennessy question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
shinobi said:
I never have learnt how do add accents to words. Give us a clue :confused:
BTW, I'll be using my Basha/bivvy for the week.

Martin
I'll be honest with you. There's no secret - I have a Norwegian keyboard :eek:
You can do it fairly easily by installing Character Map:
Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel. Click on Add/Remove Programs. Then click on the Windows Setup tab. Scroll down, choose System Tools, and double-click. A window with more choices will now pop up. Place a checkmark in the box in front of Character Map. Click OK twice, and the Character Map will be installed.

Rod

On a new journey
MagiKelly said:
if you have the Hex Fly none of the snake skins supplied by Hennessy will fit.

Hi MK,

Would have to disagree with you on this. I know that Snake skins come sized. Got mine from Jamie @ Woodland Organics. Mine are on a Exped Asym. All fits together a treat - the hex fly makes packing up even easier IMO.

Flibb have a chat with Jamie - you can look him up on-site here

Don't want to start an argument! ;)

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
Came home from work and wife has ordered one for me as a pressie :) She got the explorer, will probably give woodland organics a yell about the snake skins, will try it out first down he woods. Hope I get it for the weekend, would be nice to camp out with the fishing rod and chase some fish up and down the streams

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Grasshopper said:
Hi MK,

Would have to disagree with you on this. I know that Snake skins come sized. Got mine from Jamie @ Woodland Organics. Mine are on a Exped Asym. All fits together a treat - the hex fly makes packing up even easier IMO.

Flibb have a chat with Jamie - you can look him up on-site here

Don't want to start an argument! ;)

I am not going to argue :p . I never tried it out. I got an Explorer and Hex fly and had ordered the Snake Skins as well. They forgot to include the snake skins and when I was chasing them up it was them that siad the biggest size of snake skins would not fit the explorer and the hex fly together. So I bought the python skins instead.

Rod

On a new journey
MagiKelly said:
I am not going to argue :p . I never tried it out. I got an Explorer and Hex fly and had ordered the Snake Skins as well. They forgot to include the snake skins and when I was chasing them up it was them that siad the biggest size of snake skins would not fit the explorer and the hex fly together. So I bought the python skins instead.

No worries :)

Lostdog

Sep 23, 2004
Stirling
I'm curious....

I've been thinking about replacing my very cheap but reliable Eurohike :eek: tent with something that will get me even "closer to nature".

I must admit that I love the idea of an Explorer Deluxe with a Hex fly. (Where I come from I'm used to horizontal rain and fancy the extra protection the Hex fly will provide.)

Here comes the question....

Can the Hex fly or the "Regular" fly be pitched using poles (or sticks). And if so can you recommend anywhere I can get a good ground sheet...

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi,

I’ve got a Colman something or other it was cheap and light and very good, that’s not the point, I made a footprint protector for it out of a B&Q “tarpaulin”. The big blue buggers cost next to nothing they’re massive and you can cut them and they don’t fray, even though they’re woven.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE