Anevay Frontier stove and Helsport Varanger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 24, 2011
france
Hi everyone,
I've been looking for a solution to my problem but I still haven't found ..
Let me explain, I try to isolate the pipes of my anevay frontier stove to prevent it from burning my Varanger Lavvu.
I know I could buy the anevay sleeves but there are quite heavy .
I tried something with a pipe wich diameter is 125 mm but I still find it too hot .
As anyone tried something like that ?
Is there any thread on the subject I missed ( I don think so).
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I saw one at the Tammarack meet with a welders blanket wrapped around the flue where it went through the webbing, worked fine for the guy.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Welcome, I've just tried mine a Varanger 4-6 with a stove, albeit it had the stand off pipe I still wrapped it up with a fire blanket, worked fine. Do a test burn first with the blanket around the pipe to see what sort of heat comes through it.

Jun 24, 2011
france
Yes , I think I'll see what I can do with these kinds of blanket (fire or welders') . May be coupled with my oversized pipe solution . I'll tell you .
Thanks a lot guys!

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
I think the problem is the size of the outer tube you used. The frontier flue is 60mm. Using a 125mm outer tube as a heat shield only gives you a gap of around 30mm all way round. I've got a much bigger stainless steel outer sleeve on mine and it works no problem. A sufficient gap vents hot air out of the top and draws cooler air up and through. In doing so it helps cool the outer sleeve.
If you look at stoves manufactured for lavvu, they all have a stand off outer sleeve of some sort (un-insulated), the important aspect is to ensure that the gap between flue and outer is sufficient.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE