Amazon 1p Bushcrafty books

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Just got these, second hand. All for a penny (£2 ish postage).

'Survival of the fittest' by. Mike Stroud. already read this but leant it out years ago to whom I forgot.

'How to get to the North Pole......and other ironic adventures'
Tim Moss

'Beyond Limits'
Ranulph Fiennes.

Anyone else got some good cheap books recently ?

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
North of the sun is a good book and a true story,I think you can still get it for a penny.Great read.all about Alaskan trapping and gold prospecting and a lot more.

Kent Clark

Nov 23, 2014
Crewe
Yes, I got the large hardback edition of Lofty's book for 1p from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Nice condition too. Quite a few available right now at 1p.

Last edited:

Kent Clark

Nov 23, 2014
Crewe
Just sent for a copy of Richard Mabey's "Food For Free" for £0.01. An excellent book. I bought the book 40 years ago, when no-one was eating dandelion leaves (with good reason). Lost my original copy years ago. Looking forward to it arriving.

It is worth noting that the postage on these used books is normally £2.80, so that is the real cost of the book. Another important thing to consider is the rating of the seller. Try to choose a dealer in the high 90's, even if it means paying a little more. Some of the dealers describe books as being "good" when they are actually falling apart or covered in some unspeakable sticky stuff. I always choose carefully and usually get a book in great condition.

samharber

Jan 29, 2014
Tameside
Amazon had a glitch in their price matching software, which meant that many third party sellers had their prices cut down to 1p without their consent. If it was stuff that was stocked at the Amazon warehouse, then it was being shipped out long before the seller could do anything about it, causing huge loses for the sellers.
However, legally it's yours, and they cannot demand a return or additional payment. The sellers have to get bloood out of the Amazon stone instead.

Kent Clark

Nov 23, 2014
Crewe
Amazon had a glitch in their price matching software, which meant that many third party sellers had their prices cut down to 1p without their consent. If it was stuff that was stocked at the Amazon warehouse, then it was being shipped out long before the seller could do anything about it, causing huge loses for the sellers.
However, legally it's yours, and they cannot demand a return or additional payment. The sellers have to get bloood out of the Amazon stone instead.

I think this is more of a sales ploy. The seller gets their books for free and can usually ship them for far less than the £2.80 that is charged. A price of 1p makes it seem very cheap and tempts people to buy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE