Alternative to Coleman fuel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
Aspen 4t, I use it for everything now, Colman cooker, lantern, chainsaw, swear by it. No blocked generators, burns really clean

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Am I to take it there aren't any generic brands of fuel competing with Coleman over there?

Not as such although Aspen 4 is an alkylate petrol popular here when you can get access to it (very small distribution network) and its popular in parts of Scandinavia where its sometimes available at the pump. The only gallon cans of Coleman I've seen in the UK was the stock I had off an American stove collector who was with the US Airforce in the UK. Price of Coleman has dropped a lot the last couple of years, its was £12/$18 a litre now its half that, still expensive compared to US prices though.

You using Coleman? Ozark? santaman
[h=1][/h][h=1][/h]

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ouch. That is expensive. it's about $8-$10 per gallon here for the Coleman branded stuff (US gallons) About half that for the generics.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You must be lucky a lot of the stovies have said there has been a hike in price for Coleman fuel, well over $10 a gallon now. Have you priced any recently?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Most recent was about 2 months ago. TBH I usually use unleaded gas in the duel fuel models, and white gas in the others when I can get it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE