Alone

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Just viewed the clips with the individuals showing their kit off. Few chose a tarp all have brought rations of some kind. Only one guy didn't bring a fixed blade. I enjoyed the show last year and am looking forward to it starting again. Can't find a start date for the UK though.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The special was a good, think they must have listened to the viewers wanting to know more about the gear.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
i don't know if the format for picking people has changed to maybe try to get more people to stay longer ? seems to be a LOT of survival teachers of different sorts, looking forward to this one, we need a BCUK book running lol :)

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
i don't know if the format for picking people has changed to maybe try to get more people to stay longer ? seems to be a LOT of survival teachers of different sorts, looking forward to this one, we need a BCUK book running lol :)

I thought that too. It could be a double edged sword, if they last for a while looks good on cv, if they bang out early career knackered.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
First episode aired in the US yesterday.

The locations looks more difficult but have more readily access to fresh water, atleast from the people that we featured in the episode.

Shame one person got put by a large mussel bank, and can't eat any of it due to red tide algae.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yeah, watching. The two incidents in the episode 2 *facepalm*.

As for watching...

If download & install the latest developer edition of Opera from http://www.opera.com/developer
Then in Opera, hit Menu button > Settings > Privacy & security and check "Enable VPN"
Then go to http://www.history.com/shows/alone
Should see a blue block with VPN in white to the left of the website address, click that... in the Virtual location... make sure it says United States. (Click down arrow to change if needed)
Should then be able to click on any of the episodes to watch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE