Alone In the Wild (On DMAX)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Has anyone been watching Alone in the Wild on DMAX. It's a series of hour long documentaries where minor celebs are dumped in the wilds to see if they can survive for seven days, completely reliant on what's around them. They have emergency provisions which kind of defeats the object a little, but I think retrieving celebrity corpses from the amazon jungle in the name of good television is taking things a little too far (unless the celeb was Jeremy Kyle).

I like this series as it feels far more authentic than programmes of a similar theme as the celebs do appear to be alone. Everything you see once they reach their destination is filmed by them on a hand held camera. I'm sure there are safety measure in place should everything goes tits up, but I find it a very interesting show.

Here's a taster:

[video=youtube;b7YjGu0if4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7YjGu0if4M[/video]

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
And (download before its taken down again)

[video=youtube;qfDT-vS5qVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDT-vS5qVs[/video]

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I always get the impression I'm watching one of those Walt Disney pseudo documentaries they used to show on the box saturday tea-time back in the 70's, when I watch Dick's film......................it's probably the friendly voice over & the , filmed elsewhere, inserted shots of cute furry critters :)

Last edited:

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
Take a look at this too

Ever since I first saw Ed Wardle's programme three years ago I keep being drawn back to it. I know he didn't last the distance and made mistakes but I still admire him for having a go at it and the beautifully filmed landscape makes me watch it when I need an escape from reality.

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
Those look absolutely fascinating, rik, and I'm about to download them, but why does the second one you link to get taken down so often?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ever since I first saw Ed Wardle's programme three years ago I keep being drawn back to it. I know he didn't last the distance and made mistakes but I still admire him for having a go at it and the beautifully filmed landscape makes me watch it when I need an escape from reality.

That sums up my feeling as well Paul.

:jacked:

He had some very nice kit though didnt he? :D

That Stuart Mitchell knife was a beauty. And after 3 months, when he looked utterly worn out, his harkila pro hunter jacket still looked brand new!
I wonder what clothing people on here would take, for a similiar journey?
What is that quilted liner he's got on? Is it one of those 'chinese fighting suits', they issued to the british army?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE