Advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Is this knife as good as a mora training knife?It looks better,but does anyone know of its track record?thanks.
gerber.jpg
[/IMG]

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I haven't tried it, but to judge from the grind, it looks hollow ground which isn't very suitable for wood carving. It will be good for food preparation though. :)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Does Mors K use it??????
Thers `your clue!
The Mora is a knife ideally suited to bushcraft usage, its simple, its tough and it takes/holds a great edge.
Neil

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
My experience has found that you get what you pay for in life. But, the Mora kind of exempted itself from that line of thought. It is a superb knife for the money it costs. The Winchester on the other hand, looks like a few other knives I've seen and I got the feeling when handling them, that they will fail badly, when you need them the most.

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
The "gun brands" (Colt, Smith & Weson, Remington, Winchester) are generally regarded as being of modest quality (or worse) and not good values. The Mora is an excellent value. Other knives at higher prices will do well for bushcraft, but price alone is no guarantee of capability, or quality for that matter.

The handle on this knife does not look grip-neutral enough to be used in all grips used for bushcraft tasks.

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
I totally agree with these guys. I use a mora knife which is made by frost. It cost me £6 inc P&P. It is a scandi grind so it is easy to sharpen. And for the money it wouldn't break my heart or bank account if if I lost or broke it. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE