Advanced Explorer First Aid Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We've done a few bcuk First Aid courses with Forest Knight now and they've all been excellent so we've organised another one for this year.

If you need your HSE First Aid at work or you just want some more first aid skills this is a great value course that really focuses on our needs as bushcrafters and as responsible people.

COURSE DETAILS:

Course provider: Forest Knights.
Maximum numbers: 10
Date of FAC- 30th April - 3rd May 2010
Cost: £200

Below is a link for payment for this course, we have a minimum of 8 people for this course and i'll post in here as soon as the minimum is reached. (we have all we need and this course is going ahead :D)

Feel free to post any questions you may have in this forum or email info@bushcraftuk.com

Book here for your bushcraft uk - Advanced Explorer First Aid Course
Please include your details:
Name, (inc forum name)
Address and contact number.

If you require an alternative payment method email us at info@bushcraftuk.com

4 Day advanced certificated course carefully designed for groups travelling to remote areas. This course exceeds the requirements for the HSE First Aid At Work Certificate. This course is recognised by all outdoor NGBs.

Itinerary

Day 1
Course Introduction
What is First Aid?
First Aid in the Outdoors
Responsibilities of the First Aider
Action in an Emergency
Primary Assessment
Secondary Assessment
Breathing & Circulation
Principals of Resuscitation
Hypoxia (wilderness setting)
Airway Obstruction / Airway Management

Day 2
Recap on Day 1
Disorders of Circulation
Disorders of Consciousness
Wounds & Bleeding
Incident Management
Bites & Stings
Expedition Hygiene

Day 3
Recap on Day 1 & 2
Burns & Scalds on expedition
Fractures & Spinal injuries
Poisoning
Incident ManagementForeign BodiesEvacuation Techniques
Effects of Heat & Cold

Day 4
Recap on Day 1 & 2 & 3
Casualty Management
Resuscitation Procedures
Incident Management
Assessments
Closing Address

This course will give you the confidence to be able to act appropriately in an emergency within the UK or beyond. At the end of the course you will receive your certificate that is approved by the HSE for first aid at work as well as all NGB such MLTE.

This course is self catering to maximise teaching time

Camping is not essential although some days training will finish quite late. There is plenty of space for camping whether in hammocks or tents.

Kit List

Please do not spend a fortune on the latest designer outdoor wear. This is not necessary and brambles etc may damage your shiny new kit.
It is important to remember that the weather in the UK is changeable at best. Our courses run in most conditions.
Therefore sensible outdoor clothing is important. You will be more comfortable in clothes that dry quickly.We can advise you if you are unsure.
Where possible choose natural materials.
You will need good footwear; walking boots or stout walking shoes is a good idea.However you may bring a pair of Wellington boots if it is wet. A spare pair of old trainers might be a good idea.
At least 3 pairs of socks.
A couple of Mid Layers. - Wool jumpers are more resistant to sparks than fleece.
Please do not wear Jeans, as these are slow to dry.
Poly cotton trousers are a good alternative x2.
Several changes of under wear.
A Waterproof – Windproof.Small tent Sleeping bag - preferably 3 season
Tent/Hammock/Shelter
Sleeping Bag
A cotton sleeping bag or a silk liner if you think you may not be warm enough.
Inflatable sleeping mat. Or a foam sleeping mat.
Knife, Fork, Spoon.Plate, mug, own drying up cloth.
Wash kit (Biodegradable Please) and Towel.
Personal First Aid Kit (Include plasters, pain killers, blister kit, tweezers and personal medication).
Women are also advised to bring sanitary products.
Sun block
Sunglasses.
Insect repellent
Note book and pencils
Water bottle
Torch with plenty of spare sets of batteries
Snacks etc.

Optional
Camp chair or piece of foam. Tree stumps lose their romance after a couple of days.
Camera, film and spare batteries remember there are no power sockets in the woods to recharge your gadgets.

Alcohol is not permitted on any Forest Knights course.
If you have any questions about equipment please do not hesitate to contact us.

Forest Knights bushcraft school courses are held in the beautiful Sussex countryside not far from the historic city of Arundel. Our site is on the edge of the proposed South Downs National Park and contains a wide range of plants, animals and bird life

We are perfectly situated for easy travel from London and the major cities on the south coast like Brighton, Southampton and Crawley. Gatwick is less than 40 minutes away.
Enjoy a weekend or longer in our beautiful woods with 250 acres to explore you can leave the stress of modern city living behind and immerse yourself in the rewarding timeless world of bushcraft and survival.
To reduce our impact on the woodland environment we use a number of camping areas within the woods, each site has a unique character chosen to enhance the particular bushcraft skills on offer.

The nearest train station is Arundel on the main line from Victoria. Whatever your mode of transport you will be met and lead to our camp.

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
is the cost stated above correct as it is much cheaper than the same course on the forest knights site?

*ponders if can persuade work to pay for the course if i take the study time as annual leave.....*

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
ditto! :D

narrowly missed out on the last one with redundancies at work.

cheers, and.

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
whats remaining space like? sent a please please please email to my boss lady today, but even if she is ok with it, i still have to get through a bit of red tape first (and they say its the public sector thats full of bureaucracy??? voluntary is at least as bad!), so could still be couple of weeks til funding is through

do you know if it can be invoiced?

Dec 29, 2006
Devon
Also interested, are there any spaces left.
Is the course suitable for someone with no prior first aid experience?
Thanks

Helen Back

Jan 1, 2010
Stockport
I fancy this course too. Starting tomorrow I'm away for a while and might not be able to follow up on payments immediately (say 1st March).

What time does it start on the 30th?
I'm new to the site, do I need to be a paid-up member to attend?
How do I book a place?

Thanks,
Dean

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
well i wont be coming :( grrr ?££$$%^&*&%$£%%%£ yes thats cursing at my employer

hope its a success for all that do go, looks fun

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Tony,

How do we book the course and are there any places left? This looks perfect and will make a great birthday present to myself :)

Nigel.

Feb 5, 2008
Cov
If a place is still available, I'd be very interested in attending. How do I go about booking a place?

Regards,

Scott

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
What time does it start on the 30th?
I'm new to the site, do I need to be a paid-up member to attend?
How do I book a place?

Thanks,
Dean

It will start in the afternoon although you can be accommodated if you come later.

No you don't need to be a Full Member to attend this course, this special price is available to all members of bushcraft uk

I've added the payment link and information we need
goodjob

Tone i have just sighed up for the first aid course and was wondering about the timings for the course, when it starts, what time do we need to be there by,do we have to be there the night before, and what time will it end on the monday, will all this be answered on the joining instructions?
Regards Ziggy

We've done a few bcuk First Aid courses with Forest Knight now and they've all been excellent so we've organised another one for this year.

If you need your HSE First Aid at work or you just want some more first aid skills this is a great value course that really focuses on our needs as bushcrafters and as responsible people.

COURSE DETAILS:

Course provider: Forest Knights.
Maximum numbers: 10
Date of FAC- 30th April - 3rd May 2010
Cost: £200

Below is a link for payment for this course, we have a minimum of 8 people for this course and i'll post in here as soon as the minimum is reached.

Feel free to post any questions you may have in this forum or email info@bushcraftuk.com

Book here for your bushcraft uk - Advanced Explorer First Aid Course
Please include your details:
Name, (inc fforum name)
Address and contact number.

If you require an alternative payment method email us at info@buscraftuk.com

4 Day advanced certificated course carefully designed for groups travelling to remote areas. This course exceeds the requirements for the HSE First Aid At Work Certificate. This course is recognised by all outdoor NGBs.

Itinerary

Day 1
Course Introduction
What is First Aid?
First Aid in the Outdoors
Responsibilities of the First Aider
Action in an Emergency
Primary Assessment
Secondary Assessment
Breathing & Circulation
Principals of Resuscitation
Hypoxia (wilderness setting)
Airway Obstruction / Airway Management

Day 2
Recap on Day 1
Disorders of Circulation
Disorders of Consciousness
Wounds & Bleeding
Incident Management
Bites & Stings
Expedition Hygiene

Day 3
Recap on Day 1 & 2
Burns & Scalds on expedition
Fractures & Spinal injuries
Poisoning
Incident ManagementForeign BodiesEvacuation Techniques
Effects of Heat & Cold

Day 4
Recap on Day 1 & 2 & 3
Casualty Management
Resuscitation Procedures
Incident Management
Assessments
Closing Address

This course will give you the confidence to be able to act appropriately in an emergency within the UK or beyond. At the end of the course you will receive your certificate that is approved by the HSE for first aid at work as well as all NGB such MLTE.

This course is self catering to maximise teaching time

Camping is not essential although some days training will finish quite late. There is plenty of space for camping whether in hammocks or tents.

Kit List

Please do not spend a fortune on the latest designer outdoor wear. This is not necessary and brambles etc may damage your shiny new kit.
It is important to remember that the weather in the UK is changeable at best. Our courses run in most conditions.
Therefore sensible outdoor clothing is important. You will be more comfortable in clothes that dry quickly.We can advise you if you are unsure.
Where possible choose natural materials.
You will need good footwear; walking boots or stout walking shoes is a good idea.However you may bring a pair of Wellington boots if it is wet. A spare pair of old trainers might be a good idea.
At least 3 pairs of socks.
A couple of Mid Layers. - Wool jumpers are more resistant to sparks than fleece.
Please do not wear Jeans, as these are slow to dry.
Poly cotton trousers are a good alternative x2.
Several changes of under wear.
A Waterproof – Windproof.Small tent Sleeping bag - preferably 3 season
Tent/Hammock/Shelter
Sleeping Bag
A cotton sleeping bag or a silk liner if you think you may not be warm enough.
Inflatable sleeping mat. Or a foam sleeping mat.
Knife, Fork, Spoon.Plate, mug, own drying up cloth.
Wash kit (Biodegradable Please) and Towel.
Personal First Aid Kit (Include plasters, pain killers, blister kit, tweezers and personal medication).
Women are also advised to bring sanitary products.
Sun block
Sunglasses.
Insect repellent
Note book and pencils
Water bottle
Torch with plenty of spare sets of batteries
Snacks etc.

Optional
Camp chair or piece of foam. Tree stumps lose their romance after a couple of days.
Camera, film and spare batteries remember there are no power sockets in the woods to recharge your gadgets.

Alcohol is not permitted on any Forest Knights course.
If you have any questions about equipment please do not hesitate to contact us.

Forest Knights bushcraft school courses are held in the beautiful Sussex countryside not far from the historic city of Arundel. Our site is on the edge of the proposed South Downs National Park and contains a wide range of plants, animals and bird life

We are perfectly situated for easy travel from London and the major cities on the south coast like Brighton, Southampton and Crawley. Gatwick is less than 40 minutes away.
Enjoy a weekend or longer in our beautiful woods with 250 acres to explore you can leave the stress of modern city living behind and immerse yourself in the rewarding timeless world of bushcraft and survival.
To reduce our impact on the woodland environment we use a number of camping areas within the woods, each site has a unique character chosen to enhance the particular bushcraft skills on offer.

The nearest train station is Arundel on the main line from Victoria. Whatever your mode of transport you will be met and lead to our camp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE