A question from my Wife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many of you are 'Scout' Leaders or work with Scouts?

• Yes

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Was

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Never had anything to do with the scouts growing up
It's something I regret now .... could have saved me a lot of learning time now

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Not scouts but I'm a civilian instructor for the ATC. I teach the D of E award, navigation, bushcraft and survival, and enjoy it too. We get to go to lots of places sometimes miltary training areas. The kids absolutely love all that stuff, and most of them are good kids. Not Bushcraft, but we're off to HMS Bristol down in Portsmouth in a couple of weeks time and we'll be staying on the ship (frigate I think) Last year we went on HMS Victory and had the full monty tour amongst other things. Excellent stuff and as a volunteer I don't have to pay for a thing and get fed for the weekend all for free and drink in the sergeants mess :beerchug: beers not free though :(

TwoFourAlpha

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2004
Manchester
Never been a scout.

Joined the Army at 16, though. It's much the same, though Scouts have better tents, and we had more Armour and Artillery.

And Grenades.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I'm a Scout Leader (ASL and previously acting SL for another troop). I started in 2000, at the age of 34, having no previous experience in scouting whatsoever! In the last 12 months I've also helped run the groups Cub Pack, and helped out with other troops/explorer units when they've done bushcrafty things.

C

cossack

Dont do Scouts, I run a Sea Cadet Unit.
Note for Falling Rain - HMS Bristol is a Type 82 Destroyer, (the only Type 82), Sea Cadets know these things :D

i work with my other half...we keep house together...

He thinks he is a scout!! Does this still count even though he is 50 years old??

Excuse me for being a bit forward
Or backward depending on your point of view..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE