A lovely day out

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I had a lovely walk along the river at Sandford lock near Oxford today. The weather was gorgeous with a lovely breeze. I saw loads of plants, Ground elder, loads of meadowseet, jack by the hedge, red and white dead nettles, comfrey, woundwort, ground ivy, yellow archangel, hemlock water dropwort and a few more. Great day out and I feel really happy, except I forgot my camera. :eek: Tomorrow I'm going to take my dogs out for most of the day and take a picnic, brew kit, ID books and CAMERA!!!! and learn some new plants or trees.............. Can't wait. :)

Life's good :)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Have wandered the wood near the railway bridge down Abington way a couple of times(Stay in Clifton Hampden when down that way).
Seen my first kingfisher near the wee island. Fond memory:), have only seen two blue blurs since but this one flew in, settled down on a branch right in front of where I was lounging on the bank and sat for maybe a minute.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I saw loads of plants, Ground elder, loads of meadowseet, jack by the hedge, red and white dead nettles, comfrey, woundwort, ground ivy, yellow archangel, hemlock water dropwort and a few more.

There's so much stuff coming out of the ground at the moment. Helpful to have a list of what someone else is seeing round here at the moment. I know some of these already, and looked the rest up in my books, only to find that I do actually recognise most of them - just didn't know what they were called. Like Meadowsweet: I've seen those leaves for years but didn't connect them with what I saw RM using on an old Country Tracks program. Your suggestion of learn a new plant a day is a good one.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE