a Kitchen Knife?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

y2keable

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2005
northumberland UK
www.livejournal.com
I’m really tired of people thinking my Micarta woody is a kitchen knife!!

"why did you bring a kitchen knife?" they ask. "its not a freakin' kitchen knife!!" i tell them.

riverknifesmall.jpg

sorry, just had to vent
Jayson

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Wellllll, actually......there's a set of Solingen bladed kitchen knives from Lidl that look awfully like the micarta woodlore and the FK1 :rolleyes: *We* know the difference, but......
You could change the pins for mosaics I suppose :p
Nice knife though :)

Cheers,
Toddy

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I would've thought that's a good thing - at least people aren't reacting by thinking it looks tactical and designed for stabbing people (Like the comments the UKPK seems to be receiving)

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
Marts said:
I would've thought that's a good thing - at least people aren't reacting by thinking it looks tactical and designed for stabbing people (Like the comments the UKPK seems to be receiving)

I'm inclined to agree with Marts here, I'd rather people looked on my knife as a tool of some description (even if it is the wrong description) rather than as a weapon.

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
I get the opposite!

The two knives I use most in the kitchen are both Mora and I certainly get some funny looks from people.

Richard

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Let's see... Boy scouts, who probably have an idea as to how much you paid for that knife... Calling it a kitchen knife... Which annoys you...

They wouldn't be winding you up by any chance? ;)

AlexRowan

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
Somerset
Let's face it, it does look like a kitchen knife!! That's the #1 reason I didn't buy one! :lmao:

What is the difference really?? At the end of the day as long as it's shap and holds an edge? The only other difference is the longevity of the knife, isn't it??

I find the cost of these things almost inexplicable...seems like they are more a status symbol!!

Someone please explain...

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Never mind Jayson, I used to have a Bearded Collie and everyone used to say "what a nice dulux dog". The dulux dog is an Old English Sheepdog incase you did not know. That would wind me up.
By the way, why did you put up a photo of a kitchen knife................Jon
Joking

leon-1

You should explain to them calmly that it is not a kitchen knife.

That it is in fact a bonefide "Kitchen Chisel":D , that it was designed by RM and made by Wilkinson Sword and that if they wish to get one it will cost around £400 pounds on e-bay, or they could always buy it now for the same price plus a couple of hundred pounds for P+P once you have a letter from thier parents saying that it will be OK for them to have it.

That is, "if" they have the money in thier piggy banks:D

y2keable

Tenderfoot
Apr 18, 2005
northumberland UK
www.livejournal.com
"Let's see... Boy scouts, who probably have an idea as to how much you paid for that knife... Calling it a kitchen knife... Which annoys you..."

i don't think they have any idea and their questions are genuine.

the scouts are the hardest to convince that’s its not a kitchen knife. i can live with them thinking that’s all it is but i can't stand it when they try to pinch it from the sheath when its on my belt. its meagerly disrespectful. one time, one of them got away with it and when i turned around he was standing behind me. he must have thought i was going to chase after him because he dropped the knife (in the gravel!!) and ran off. took me days to sharpen the dings out of it.

Jayson

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
That knife will never be considered a kitchen knife if the government have its way because all kitchen knives will be sold with rounded blades and not points.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Jon Pickett said:
Never mind Jayson, I used to have a Bearded Collie and everyone used to say "what a nice dulux dog". The dulux dog is an Old English Sheepdog incase you did not know. That would wind me up.
By the way, why did you put up a photo of a kitchen knife................Jon
Joking

I've got a twelve year old Beardy/ Old English cross. Standing there trying to explain that to people usually gets easier by just agreeing it's a 'dulux dog'

Sooooo, maybe it'd be easier to say it's just a 'kitchen knife'?

(Ducks and runs)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
2blackcat said:
I've got a twelve year old Beardy/ Old English cross. Standing there trying to explain that to people usually gets easier by just agreeing it's a 'dulux dog'

Sooooo, maybe it'd be easier to say it's just a 'kitchen knife'?

(Ducks and runs)

I bet it was the Beardy who made the mistake, all that hair over their eyes, they don't see too well, probably thought it was another Beardy. Mine ran full pelt straight into me once, so I tied back his hair and everyone thought he was a girl.
Funny how these threads digress.................Jon

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Jayson,

I've got one of those kitchen knives as well mate, I like it so don't really care what other people call it. As long as you like it and it does what you want it to do who cares what others think.

Brian :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE