A great day!! (Caution graphic hunting pictures)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
As I had previously posted my grandfather passed away a few months back. After realising his airgun was put in a gunshop for sale I went about getting it back. After a great bit of customer care I got it back a spent today hunting with it. I recently recieved permission to shoot at a friends farm and took advantage of the great weather. After sitting under a overhanging branch into a field for a hour or so I spotted two rabbits break cover from a hedge across the field. It was quite some distance away 60-70yards I took aim with a considerable amount of hold over and squeezed the trigger. The rabbit hit the deck instantly with a headshot. It was a exellent shot at that range even if I say so myself. I retrieved the rabbit and skinned it for a nice supper. I threw the spoil into the field as there are loads of red kites around where I live. Tucked myself away and observed them diving down and eating the remains. It was a spectacular site and a great ending to a great day.
myvyzu5e.jpg
uruvabuh.jpg

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
That looks good. I remember reading about your grandpa's rifle so its very nice to hear that you got it all back ok and that it still shoots nicely :)

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Was it a resting shot as I noticed the sticks I think they may well be the same as the ones I use for long shots, the X3M1 a very useful aid.glad you got your Grandpaws gun back.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
It's a webley fx2000 (22)
Congrats on your days bunny hunting and on reclaiming your Grandads rifle too. I had .22 FX2000 Carbine a few years ago, sadly I was very broke and had to sell it, I've regretted it ever since. It was a great great rifle, the best handling hunting rifle I've ever had and the the most accurate .22 I've ever owned. It was blisteringly accurate and such a nice rifle to use, handsome too! I will own another one day!

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Congratulations on 'making meat'! I like your shooting sticks. That is pretty cool that you were able to get your grandpa's air rifle back, too!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Wish I had an heirloom rifle, but I'm the first shooter in my family since my grandfather bumped a tiger in Burma in the 30s whilst rabbit hunting!

There is nothing like shooting your own dinner, the buck I had at 110 yards on Wednesday (also off sticks) made for nice sirloin steaks for the family last night, I envy your red kite encounter too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE