A good outdoor watch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I have had a Traser for the past two years, and what a piece of kit it really is, still keeps perfect time and seem just as bright now as it was when I first bought it.
I also have one of the protrek watches made by Casio and providing that you set the watch up properly it is really acurate, the barometer has never been wrong, you have to remember that to take a temperature reading the watch needs to be taken off and left for at least ten mins or all you get is the temperature of your wrist.
All in all both of these watches are imo very good buy's. :-D

Y

yowee

Animal watches are great bright and long lasting luminosity, and the great animal straps mean that even if one the pins comes of your watch won't if they can survive the pounding from surfing, bushcraft use should be a walk in the park, I've got a titanium waterproof to 200m and only £40 approx.

Just Changed my watch to a Traser one of the last of the old versions as they are changing to the H3 styles and i didnt like the look of teh new ones havent had it long enough to comment on it (1 Day) but the watch it replaced was fine and I was happy with it Except the illuminated dots needed recharging bout 1/2 hr after dark etc The Traser solves this problem.
My old watch is a Beaver Saturn, Beaver make a large range of Dive equiptment and nick nacks etc Ive had it bout 3yrs now and its had a good kicking there are quite a few scratches on the lens and its done a fair few dives down to 40m and the battery ran out just before christmas I will send it off for a replacement soon this was quoted By beaver as £15

The watch is About £60 new and there are a few others in the range including smaller versions for the ladies. other than the glowing dot problem its a great watch

Remember Water Resistant ratings actually mean
50m = Should be oks in the shower or light rain storm
100m = Should be oks for swimming or snorkeling
200m = Should be oks for Diving

some watches are being marked in pressure instead of depth
5ata = 40m
10ata= 90m
20ata= 190m
these are pretty much similer to the depth equivilents

Couple of mates ex forces swear by G-shock as Solid tough and cheap

Duncan

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I tend to wear a Traser 3000 daily but i do like my Suunto Vector when going into the outdoors ... I really like the compass and get hooked on the barometer!

But the Traser is the easiest watch to read in the dark/low light that I've ever had.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE