A Few Photos in and Around Glencoe.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
DSCF1151.jpg

This is my latest tent, it has a personality of its own! (ok so it looks like it should be in a Harry Potter film!)

DSCF1182.jpg

My typical setup - tarp for the fire, cook tent which is an old utility tent and my sleeping quarters

DSCF1173a.jpg

The road to the campsite, the leaves are beginning to fall.

DSCF1228.jpg

A stand of silver birch catching the last of the sunshine before the rainclouds gather, near Glen Etive

DSCF1213a.jpg

Loch Etive, loads of wildlife but too quick or too far away to capture! I did spy plenty deer (a few stags roaring in the glen), an eagle, buzzards, seals and a cormorant so worth the 12 mile drive down a single track road!

DSCF1150.jpg

And finally the fire is perfect for sitting round with a few drams and a couple of tunes on the harmonica!

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Great photos, Loch Etive looks peaceful, your tent looks interesting.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Awesome pics you have! I`m lucky to see up part of Glen Etive twice a week with work (mon/fri), it's looking pretty beautiful at this moment. I plan on heading up by foot, from Bonawe Quarry side and spend couple days up that side of the loch soon hammocking.

jimcall

Oct 15, 2008
Falkirk
Haha East coaster that tent generates more comments than any other I have! It looks like it should be on the set of a harry potter movie but boy is it warm. I had it in Glencoe for 5 days when it was constantly raining with high gusting winds and it stood its ground, super stable and water tight, so I don't mind the jocular image it creates :) Like Bojit says, its the only tent I've seen with a face!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE