2nd Knife - No.2 "Purple Reindeer"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bp1974

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2005
London
Here's my second knife.

It's a Scandi style, the blade length is 92mm and the overall length is 194mm.

The blade is 4mm 5160, forged by Lord Farquhar, bushcraft style wtih drop point. It's a wonderful blade, I love the weight and the shape, and it arrived hair-popping sharp. I reprofiled the spine slightly to accentuate the drop point and gave the spine a mirror finish.

The handle is reindeer antler, black vulcanised spacers, leather spacer and curly birch. There's no sheath yet. You'll notice that the antler marrow is spotted dark - I used the wrong super glue to stabilise it and when I buffed it the pores filled with fine black dust. This is now a feature - an 'accent'. :p

All comments welcome - let me know what you think.

woodcrafter24sp.jpg

woodcrafter55rh.jpg

woodcrafter30au.jpg

woodcrafter63sc.jpg

woodcrafter48lb.jpg

Treb

May 26, 2005
The Hague, the Netherlands
Very nice combination of natural materials for the handle. The straight handle though is not my cup of tea, but hey if it floats your boat...

Nice workmanship on the blade. I really dig the unpolished roughness of the blade. Works very well in this utility style knife IMO.

Reminds me of the laminated knife blade that was forged for Ray Mears and on which he put a handle while he was in Sweden.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE