.22 -Thats all I know.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angelo

Forager
Jan 26, 2010
Dorset
Ihave both Bsa lighting XL (wood stock) ideal for woodland due to being short (carbine) and i also have the Weihrauch HW95K for open field. both very good bits of kit and you can custom them both.. iv fitted both with a gas ram to reduce the sound of the slapping spring and it does reduce a little recoil..

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Best bet is to join a local airgun club so you can try before you buy, get advice, practice, practise some more...

Also join the Airgun BBS (www.airgunbbs.com), which has listings of local clubs & tons of good advice on all things airgun related. PLUS, they have a good For Sale section so you could pick up a good secondhand one if you take your time

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I see a Weihrauch bandwagon forming, but I'm on it. I have a 77 which I got used for £150 and tuned up myself. It's just great. I would go for the 77K if I was you, it is the carbine version so less to lug around.

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Actually, going back to your first post, the QB78 - not the tarted up one in the ad, but the more basic models for circa 80 quid - are actually nice little guns. I have a couple myself - both the 78 which uses a single little CO2 cylinder, and the 87 which uses a much bigger CO2 cylinder. However, you'll find that performance on these is temperature related, and in these temps will be really down on power. But in warmer times - at around 20C - it performs very nicely, putting out about 10lb/ft. And remarkably accurate - no recoil, unlike spring-powered rifles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE