2 Person cross cut saw wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Yer I read that too, maybe you could speak to one of the members on here and ask them topick it up and mail it to you if you cover the costs? Falcon and a few others all live in that sort of area (have a look on the site members map if it's up and running again)..... they might be able to help.

Or try emailing the seller and say that you'll pick the costs up if they'll ship it....

Only one I could see on there I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
jem seeley said:
John Warnes of Woodland Craft Supplies sometimes has these(new ex mod)
He's in the Orkneys! Try www.fxferry.demon.co.uk Yes just checked & he's still listing them on the website.

...but be aware that you need to provide your own handles.

Two men saws are a pleasure to use when you get the flow going and you soon cut through a lot of wood. It's just a bugger if you get out of synch. :rolleyes:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
www.crosscutsaw.com While across the ocean in New York, this company is the best resource for saws, tools and an excellent book on maintenance. A true running crosscut is a marvelously efficient tool. One in poor condition is what used to be called a 'misery whip.' You should also consider if this is for hardwoods, softwoods or frozen timber, and the possibility of using a oneman saw.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
Chris beat me to it

Crosscutsaw.com seem to know their stuff - I ordered some sharpening stuff from them a while back that came promptly with no problems. They also answered e-mail enquiries when I got stuck trying to use it. Some of the kit they have in their catalogue is hard to find elsewhere.

I have a couple of crosscut saws - a two hander and a 4.5 foot one man. I can just about tune them so they cut sweetly.

The one man saw is great and if I'm cutting stuff less than 6 or 8 inches I'll pick it up rather than the chainsaw every time.

If you do get a crosscut saw I would definately get hold of the crosscut saw manual to learn how to keep it in shape.

George

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
warthog1981 said:
two person crosscut saw new or secondhand ?????

Hi Warthog

I have one or two and a pit saw if you are really feeling brave :cool: drop me a PM if you are interested.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Remember a friend finding a lovely crosscut at a carboot sale for a few quid, given some TLC was a very nice to use.

Also use to use a large 30"+ bowsaw occasionally as a two person crosscut saw.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE