1st of September, Duck and Goose season

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Who's looking forward to this like a 7 year old at christmas???

Cant wait to step foot on the foreshore again in search of the Ducks and Geese, I have been homeloading shot gun cartridges and have some great steel loads to test out, I have chronoed them and patterened them and they are looking sweet!!

I managed to get a side by side 10bore but I havent got it fixed up yet which is frustrating, but hopefully will in time for the pinks arriving!!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Summat I never got round to trying :( let my license expire decades back. Regret it now. Good shooting yall, have a blast :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Well due to being snowed under with DIY I haven’t been able to get on the foreshore very much!

Saturday past I managed to get down the foreshore and walked right out to the edge of the tide through knee deep mud and mussel beds. I found a wee raised mussel bed to hide behind. I squirmed as deep as I could in the mud and tucked myself in for darkness.

Getting dark there was allot of duck passing down the river, and teal splashing in and out of pools left by the water receding.

Twilight came and went and on the brink of darkness the first skein of Pinkfoot geese came over, just out of range, as did the second and third. With darkness closing in the fourth and final skein came within gun shot. I picked the lead bird and folded it dead in the air, I respectfully let the rest of the skein pass without hindrance as one goose in the bag is more than enough to feed me and my wife.

Walking back off was bitter, exposed and more interesting in pitch darkness than the walk in. Finding the fence at the high tide mark gave me that warm glow knowing the car and its heating weren’t far off.

The cartridge I used was loaded by myself, I spent all summer researching loads, chronograph and patterning them with different chokes to ensure the speed and pattern of shot would be the lethal combination I could rely on if I was fortunate enough for the circumstance to favour me.

It was a very special night for me, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, way out on the edge of the low tide alone with nothing but foreshore wildlife and a few stars for company!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE