15-17 Nov Steadhall Wood between Otley and Ilkley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Suppose I'll have to come now to collect my book........

So long as everything falls into place I'll be there.....

Wanderinstar
Fishaben

ADz-1983

digitracker

Leedsbrew

Elen Sentier

resnikov - nothing in the calendar but need to check with my better half.

Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep.

Cheers Rich

Last edited:

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Deffo, if anyone needs a lift from Leeds I don't mind being a taxi service to help anyone out digitracker, tony etc

Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut
Mountainm (definite maybe)

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut
Badger74 + 2 kids (work permitting)

No problem with the rules.

tonyge

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
Leeds
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut
Tonyge

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Despite taking the dead trees down at the meet before last. The winds we had on the Sunday as we were packing up brought dead branches down from live trees . So I will be keeping a good eye on the weather forecast. I think a good cutoff point for wind strength will be 25mph. If the wind strength is forecast to be 25 or above I will cancel the meeting. This course of action will be taken with much regret, but it is far better to be safe than sorry. Having said that I hope to see you all there from September and a few more besides.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Despite taking the dead trees down at the meet before last. The winds we had on the Sunday as we were packing up brought dead branches down from live trees . So I will be keeping a good eye on the weather forecast. I think a good cutoff point for wind strength will be 25mph. If the wind strength is forecast to be 25 or above I will cancel the meeting. This course of action will be taken with much regret, but it is far better to be safe than sorry. Having said that I hope to see you all there from September and a few more besides.

Indeed. Would be a great shame but risk would be too high if winds are strong.

Fingers crossed weather will go our way.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Pray for us all Zheng.. I would like to say a big thank you to all those who took the netting down from the pheasant release pen. A job well done and it has freed up a lot more space for us. But don't take your tools out of the car yet. We want to mend all the gaps in the fence to keep the sheep out. Then you can all have a breather for a few months. I am working on another tutorial, but have to keep it under wraps yet because I haven't asked the person concerned.
See you all in November.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I have now spoken to the person concerned and he is willing to give a 45min talk "demonstrating a basic FAK". He will also give a 45 min talk on "knifecraft". I know quite a few of us think we are quiet aux fais with knives, but we can always learn something. Plus there are one or tw0 of us who have been out but only a few times. You are never too old to learn.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I have now spoken to the person concerned and he is willing to give a 45min talk "demonstrating a basic FAK". He will also give a 45 min talk on "knifecraft". I know quite a few of us think we are quiet aux fais with knives, but we can always learn something. Plus there are one or tw0 of us who have been out but only a few times. You are never too old to learn.

Sounds great, count me in :)

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
Wanderinstar
Fishaben
ADz-1983
digitracker
Leedsbrew
Elen Sentier
Bigbear
Copperhead
Black Sheep
Juggernaut
Tonyge
Bluffer (+ Pygmy assistant) Sat-Sun

I'll make every effort to be there mid-day Sat-Sun at least, especially as I have a bag-carrier who has agreed to assist in exchange for a glimpse of some shiny things and a sniff of my port bottle which has yet to be opened.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE