10-most-magnificent-trees-in-the-world

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Apparently, being the only tree in that part of the wide-open desert (remember: there wasn’t another tree for 250 miles around), wasn’t enough to stop a drunk Libyan truck driver from driving his truck into it, knocking it down and killing it!
:rolleyes:

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I enjoyed that.

For a British top ten ( good idea Toddy ), I'd like to nominate the Scot's Pine on Lingholme Island, Derwentwater.

PC300281.jpg

Cheers, Michael.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I find trees really hard to photograph. National Geographic made an amazing portrait of a Redwood in Octobers edition about the tallest trees this year.
I can't compete with that, but here's one of my favourite trees - found on the sand dunes near the site where the bushmoot is normally held
picture.php

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nice thread!

The Weeping Beech at Knaphill Nurseries, Woking has always amazed me. I can only find the following image of it, but standing among it's stems is the only way to experience it. Unfortunately on my last visit most of the nursery land had been sold and I couldn't get access.

The main part of the tree weeps to the ground where it has rooted and produced an outer ring of trees around itself. The whole thing forms a beautiful 'cathedral' of trees.

http://bethmoon.com/TouchWood12.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE